[Design-team] Fedora swag!

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 15:38:56 UTC 2013

On 06/25/2013 10:59 AM, inode0 wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Ryan Lerch <rlerch at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone got any ideas of Fedora / Flock merch that we could get made with
>> the view of possibly selling it at flock?
>>
>> we need ideas of stuff that will sell, so obscure stuff like fedora branded
>> dog collars should be avoided.
>>
>> a few ideas i had were:
>>
>> * Mugs
>> * Laptop Skins
>> * Lanyards
>> * USB drives
>  From my perspective selling things to Fedora contributors that we
> freely give away to random people at other events just doesn't feel
> right. We have given FUDCon attendees lanyards in the past and we
> probably have enough leftover Fedora branded USB sticks from the Red
> Hat Summit to give every Flock attendee one if we think that is a good
> use of the leftovers (which I do).

I understand this, and the purpose of this thread was not to imply that
we are going tp stop giving away the free stuff, but more just an
exploration of the items we could produce. I would definitely pay money
for an few extra fedora lanyards or higher capacity fedora branded USB
drive (even if i get both of these for free in the swag bag) I would
especially have no issues spending this extra cash if proceeds went into
helping fund getting contributors to flock itself!

regards,
ryanlerch