[Design-team] ask permission to use one picture on fedora webpage

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 7 15:20:01 UTC 2014

Hi Camille,

On 10/07/2014 11:07 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Hi Camille. I believe that the intent is for all Fedora artwork (other than
> that which is covered by trademark) to be licensed for reuse, probably under
> a Creative Commons license. However, this particular image seems to have
> been migrated from our older wiki and has possibly lost history and
> licensing information in the process. I'm CC'ing our design team mailing
> list, where hopefully someone can trace down the details for this particular
> image.

Since it was submitted as part of our design process it should be under
a CC license but I don't remember which one (likely either CC-BY or
CC-BY-SA.) It was created by Charlie Brej; you might want to confirm
with him which license he'd prefer and of course attribute it to him.
His contact information is here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CharlieBrej?rd=CharlesBrej