[Design-team] future for Nuancier

Kirk Bridger kirk at thebside.ca
Fri Sep 12 06:21:33 UTC 2014

Hey br gnokii,

You included quite a few problem statements and even more solution
statements.  I hope I'm getting to the core problems you're describing.
Apologies if I missed the mark.

It sounds to me, if I'm hearing you correctly, that a first challenge is
getting more voters.  A second problem is getting higher quality
submissions.  I don't think changes to the voting software will
influence either of those things.

I like your final statement, that you want to build a community around
the wallpapers.  Some of your solutions below seem counter-productive to
encouraging a flourishing community, particularly as it is so relatively
young.

I can get behind ideas like:
- increase number of voters
- increase visibility of the contest
- provide more mentoring for submitters

As someone who voted (but didn't submit) this time I don't think
nuancier was a problem for me at all in terms of finding 16 high quality
images to vote for.

Kirk