[Design-team] Professional Graphic designer?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 19 13:33:05 UTC 2015

On 05/19/2015 09:08 AM, Satyajit Sahoo wrote:
> Believe me, Sketch is one of a kind. You can edit vector inside Sketch
> as it's vector editor too. But the tools and organization is more
> focused towards UI design rather than complex icon designs. I've never
> needed to redo my designs or adjust them in another tool, except raster
> images.

I've watched a lot of tools come and go over the past 15 years in the
industry (some online apps that went under and folks who relied on them
lost everything;) sticking with Inkscape for the past 10 hasn't caused
me any issues.

>     Not true, there's a new symbols feature now (works similar to how
>     symbols in Macromedia Flash work / worked.)
>

> There is? In which version? And how do you use it?

Quick tutorial:
http://goinkscape.com/inkscape-main-tool-icons-symbol-library/