OOo Draw in the menus

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Feb 18 11:23:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:57:09PM -0600, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> So do Nicu and Jeff answers, along with my own observations and those of
> the users I've put to a "test" would be safe to assume that it would be
> better for us to remove that NoDisplay=True from OOo-Draw and make it
> available under Graphics in upcoming releases (and probably through an
> update in F7, F8), or are the reasons discussed here not enough? Should we
> file an RFE in bugzilla?

Enabling the menu item in upcoming versions or updates sounds like a
good idea (pushing an update for F7 and F8 just to enable teh menu item
sounds like overkill though).

On a related note: OpenOffice(.org) has become a well-known name. I
understand the sentiment of having functional names like "Word
Processor" in the menu, but perhaps the tooltip displayed from the menu
couls at least mention that this is OpenOffice. A lot of other programs,
like Firefox, Evolution, Gnumeric etc have their name included
somewhere, either directly in the menu, or in the tooltip.

David Jansen