the orca screen reader in f14

Jonathan Nadeau nadeau.jon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:35:43 UTC 2010

Hello list,

I'm a blind Linux user and i'm not sure if this is the right list. I
was wondering if you could package speech-dispatcher with orca instead
of gnome-speech? The reason why I ask is because orca is working a lot
with speech-dispatcher for better performance and by using
speech-dispatcher orca works better with pulseaudio. Orca does not
work well with gnome-speech if pulseaudio is implamented into the os
it causes orca to be delayed with how fast it responds when keyboard
commands are given to read the screen or do other actions. In f13 I'm
running now but that is only because I had to tweek it to get better
performance. If this change was made to speech-dispatcher this would
give a better experience out of the box for new users or even blind
users who want to switch to Fedora or at least try it out. Thanks for
your time and help and all the hard work.