[Design-team] Hands-on: new single-window mode makes GIMP less gimpy

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:46:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:50:57AM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 10:04 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
> > We should also probably consider debranding Fedora hosted so it isn't
> > as distasteful to people looking for a sourceforge alternative.
>
> I didn't think we're in the business of being a sourceforge alternative
> nor do I think we want to be or have the resources to do that.

When Mike McGrath opened up Fedora Hosted, I think he specifically
made that point -- but ISTR it was more in the context of, "we don't
want to end up hosting a bunch of dead code."  Sourceforge, AFAIK,
allows a project to live on indefinitely, whereas we thresh through
our hosted projects and, with prior notification to the maintainers,
release projects that are dead or unmaintained:

https://fedorahosted.org/web/terms