upwards and onwards

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Mar 13 17:14:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 10:24 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> - Drop the CD size limitation and target a larger usb stick. We have
> discussed this in the past. The main motivation for this is that we have
> to fight every release cycle to make things fit on a CD, and we don't
> have room to include our default office suite or example content.

Resurrecting an oooooold thread here:

The above change has been made, and we keep telling people via IRC and
mailing lists to get with the program already, of COURSE the live ISOs
don't fit on CDs any more...but AFAICT it hasn't actually been announced
very loudly anywhere. This thread is the best 'announcement' I could
find.

Should we announce this a bit more widely, with maybe a blog post by
someone prominent, a mail to the -announce lists (pick any one or
two :>), and something in the Release Notes?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey