Accounts dialog - help

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 21:48:02 UTC 2010

> Hi,
>
> accounts-dialog doesn't have a help button and I don't understand the
> difference between different types of accounts -  administrator,
> standard and supervised.  Can we add a tooltip and a help button to help
> guide users on what these actually mean?

I cannot help it, but... Are we going Windo.s way or what? But anyway,
why do we support creating admin account while we don't support running
gui apps as root? I always thought that *nix has been designed in a way
that usual desktop installation would need only one admin (root) and as
many ordinary users as people switching seats over there (each of which
can perform administration task if they know the root password,
preferably via PolicyKit supervised auth.; I'm skipping system users
like ftp, apache, mail, etc.)... So I'd extend the question a bit: do we
really need the administrator and supervised user choices when creating
a new user and if so: why and what does they actually mean?

Martin