Fuse Workspace Union

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri May 7 12:47:46 UTC 2010

Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 12:35 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I just received a phone call from Stef Bon, a fellow Dutchman who's been
> > working on a Fuse technology based module to make it easier, and more
> > transparent, to a user, to mount, navigate and use pluggable storage
devices
> > and network resources like Samba shares.
>
> >From a quick glance, this is something that gvfs already offers,
> user-space filesystems and fuse integration for non-GIO applications.
>
> As far as I know, KDE doesn't have anything like that, which means that
> things like AFC kioslave, which was just written, doesn't work
> out-of-the-box with libgpod KDE applications.

Sorry for responding so late, I had obligations at a Summit in Valencia.

I wanted to say that the Fuse Workspace Union functionality is not the
mounting itself necessarily, but the mounting in proper locations to ease
navigation and such. It's the Workspace union part that I think is most
interesting (I myself have no problems mounting stuff).

-- Jeroen