sudo by default?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 17 22:40:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 08:10 +0200, Alexander Boström wrote:
> tor 2010-05-06 klockan 09:58 -0400 skrev Paul W. Frields:
>
> > If I'm not mistaken, we're discussing the Desktop Live image here.
> > I'd expect we can do better with server installation too, but that's
> > probably a separate conversation.
>
> That would mean different policies depending on if you install from the
> Desktop spin (a GNOME desktop) or a default OS install from any other
> media (a GNOME desktop), which would be confusing.
>
> Sure, I can see some value in some specific spins diverging in various
> ways, but the default Desktop live spin should not.

Probably the best way to address this would be to keep the behaviour
consistent; have the DVD install offer you the same install 'types' as
you can choose from via the spins, and have the same choices behave the
same way in each case. There was already some movement towards aligning
the package sets for the 'desktop' option in the traditional installer
and the 'desktop' spin, in the F13 cycle.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey