OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

Donald Buchan malak at pobox.com
Wed Oct 20 15:18:20 UTC 2010

>   Perhaps I'm the only one that is wondering if we are we going to stick
> with OpenOffice as our default or make LibreOffice our default and
> migrate our users to LibreOffice?
>
> It would be good to get the desktop members view on this for future
> deployments.
>
> JBG

For the zero-added-value that my humble (or not so humble) response
represents, having not really looked around much but having seen the
announcement regarding LibreOffice in September/early October, I was
always assuming that LibreOffice was going to be "coming down the
pipeline" in Fedora ASAP given that Red Hat has squarely thrown its
support behind LibreOffice.

Of course I never questionned it not being in F14 for simple reasons of
logistics and the ensuing nightmare that would be created by the
replacement of such a major set of packages a couple of months after
branching off of Rawhide.  I never had any specific notion in my head of
when it would be put into Fedora but I assumed "Well this is Fedora, and
further Red Hat is supporting LibreOffice, so LibreOffice will replace
OO.o as soon as it's seen to be practical based on whatever set of
criteria that TPTB see fit."