overshooting mouse accidentally activates overview mode

Dokuro dario.soto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:49:20 UTC 2011

it happens to me too sometimes but it does not bother me that much...
a solution could be to be able to switch the menu's position from top
to bottom...

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 10:32:19AM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
>> After using Gnome 3/Shell for a couple months now, it has really grown
>> on me.  I have one UI annoyance that I wonder if the designers could
>> comment on.  When I'm using a maximized application like Firefox or
>> Chromium, I often have to move the mouse to near the upper-left corner
>> to activate a tab or use the forward/back buttons or File menu.
>> Sometimes, rather often, I overshoot and accidentally activate the
>> overview mode hot corner.  I believe this mostly happens with Chromium
>> since it doesn't use the standard system title bar, leaving the tabs
>> and other controls a lot closer to the hot corner.  But it does
>> sometimes happen with standard apps too.  I'm not sure how tweak the
>> design to prevent this from happening, but I'm wondering if this has
>> come up before and been considered.
>
> I've since turned on the standard system title bars in Chromium, and
> I'm still accidentally activating overview mode (although less
> frequently).
>
> --

No necesito anti-virus por que uso un buen sistema GNU/Linux, libre y gratis!
I need no anti-virus, I use a GNU/Linux, a Free Operative System!
Je necesite pas de anti-virus, parce que j'utilice a GNU/Linux OS
completment libre!