Status of bluetooth in Gnome3

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Tue Feb 1 15:35:03 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 12:27 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 02/01/2011 12:08 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > It's usually the remote device that times out.
>
> Good to know perhaps you might want to reduce the numbers that need to
> be entered in that case I personally feel that you might be over
> engineering the pairing of the bluetooth devices from security perspective.

6 digits is what is recommended in the Bluetooth docs, which is why we
use 6 digits.

> On the actual status of bluetooth in Gnome 3 is the keyboard supposed to
> work on current state?

It should even work without GNOME 3. I don't see how the desktop
environment is relevant. If the device is timing out when pairing,
you'll probably want to try the latest bluez and kernel, and file a bug
there instead.