GNOME 3 Test Day #1: announcement up

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 07:01:53 UTC 2011

> On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 14:47 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Hey folks, just a quick note that I've put up the 'official'
> >  announcement
> >  of the first GNOME 3 Test Day:
> >
> >  http://www.happyassassin.net/2011/01/31/gnome-3-test-day-1-come-try-the-new-hotness/
>
> Hey Adam, thanks so much for putting this together!
>
> Here's the deal: I'd love to get most of GNOME 2.91.6 in for this, since
> it will give us a much more complete experience than what is in rawhide
> now, but...I'm not sure I can get it all built before Thursday. A
> complicating factor is that there is a GTK+ abi change in there, so I'll
> have to get everything depending on gtk3 rebuilt in one piece; and there
> may be a few dependencies of the new gtk3-ported gnome-panel that have
> not been packaged yet.
>
> So I guess I'll start building 2.91.6 in the dist-f15-gnome3 tag and
> we'll see how far I get before tomorrow ends.

Ah - if I'd've known a couple of days ago we could have changed the
date, but I've sent announcements out to quite a few places now so I
think we're locked in. The good news is we can do custom live spins for
the test day, so even if you can't get it done in time for the nightly
builds, we can fire off some custom builds. I am ridiculously tired
right now but I'll be in IRC tomorrow, I'll join GIMPnet so I can come
in the desktop channel in case you need to sync up with me. I can help
do some builds if that would be any use. Just let me know! Thanks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey