GNOME 3 Test Day #1: announcement up

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 22:10:42 UTC 2011

> So I guess I'll start building 2.91.6 in the dist-f15-gnome3 tag and
> we'll see how far I get before tomorrow ends.

An update on this:

I've now built most of the gtk3 dependencies, with the following
exceptions:
deja-dup
emerillon
gnomeradio
libindicator
rhythmbox
sound-juicer
webkitgtk3
yelp
devhelp
empathy
epiphany

At this point, I am mostly waiting for a webkit release, to get the last
5 of these built, after that, I think we are good to tag things over.
The others on the list failed with various issues, vala, brasero
includes, etc.

As for the rest of GNOME 2.91.6, the new gnome-panel will probably not
land today, since we need a libwnck3 package first, and the new gdm
needs a lot of patch juggling etc, so may also not make it in today.