How to change themes (was Re: How do we change fonts now)

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 15:07:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 15:57 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:

> Well, I've quickly tried putting something together for personal use
> (basically just modifying Adwaitha css to use clearlooks...). What I
> discovered is that either I'm dumb enough to not be able to cope with
> CSS or Clearlooks gtk3 engine is far from finished (or, after peeking
> at its code, both).

Hard to say without any details about the problems you are facing, but
the engine in gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks is essentially the GTK2 engine
with some patches to make it work against the new theme engine API, so
I don't see how it could be much more unfinished that the old one.

Anyway, as I said, I won't have time to assist with this much, before
GNOME 3.