How do we change fonts now

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Feb 28 19:02:54 UTC 2011

Bastien Nocera (bnocera at redhat.com) said:
> > though. Laptops are increasingly coming with displays featuring
> > significantly higher than 96dpi resolution; I'm wondering when the first
> > 2k LCDs will hit.)
>
> You can increase the DPI of the screen in "Universal Access" -> "Larger
> text".

I must be weird, in that I have a > 96 dpi screen, and I want the default
fonts *smaller*.

Then again, 140dpi on a laptop at typing distance is different from 140dpi
on a on-desk monitor, in terms of the relative visual height of text. And
without assuming everyone has a webcam, we're not going to auto-adjust
for viewing distance any time soon.

Bill