comps changes for f15

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 13 17:07:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 11:54 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> It didn't happen back then. I think we can get back to 700M with some
> discipline.

one of the common themes of the F14 review cycle was ridiculing the lack
of an office suite on the desktop image, particularly given the presence
of 'useless' things like planner (I'm paraphrasing from the reviews, not
giving my own personal opinion). I know we have good arguments against
including an office suite, and I suspect planner is just in there as a
hangover from when we tried to include GNOME Office, but there does seem
to be a consistent impression in reviews that the current package choice
seems bizarre. It's worth at least considering going to 1GB to have
LibreOffice, I think, and if we don't, we should drop planner from the
desktop spin as well as dropping LibreOffice, to avoid the apparent
weirdness of having a planning tool but no other office apps.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey