BTRFS + Gnome

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 07:21:37 UTC 2011

What's the current status of btrfs support in Gnome and related
applications like Gnome disk utility (  palimpsest )?

I'm a bit worried that relevant application do not properly support
btrfs and we take a step backwards and force the novice end to the
terminal to deal with various filesystem related stuff if we switch to
btrfs by default ( as opposed to make the switch when the proper support
is in relevant applications ).

Personally I have yet to see what benefits btrfs brings the novices end
user over other filesystems that warrants us to switch to it by default.

JBG