gdm changes and the live cd

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Sat Mar 5 08:29:49 UTC 2011

pe, 2011-03-04 kello 18:25 -0500, Matthias Clasen kirjoitti:
> The session will start in English, and
> users who need a different language will have to select the language in
> System Settings > Region and re-login.

This will make things very difficult for users who don't know English
well. With the previous version of GDM, we could at least explain the
language selection with one screenshot, because the login screen was so
simple.

If GDM won't support language selection any more, then we should come up
with another simple way for choosing the language before login. Maybe in
the GRUB screen, like Ubuntu apparently does it?

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio