gnome-menu changes

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 9 18:28:12 UTC 2011

Hi there,

can you please share some insight on the latest changes in gnome-menu?

     1. The python module is no longer shipped, is this intended?
     2. redhat-menus is no longer used. IHMO think this is a step in the
        wrong direction because we no longer have consistent menus
        between desktops. What is the future of redhat-menus?
     3. Now that redhat-menus are not used anymore, can we please have
        all *.directory and *.menu files from gnome-menus properly
        prefixed with "gnome-"?

Regards,
Christoph