Remove Gnome desktop on F18 ?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 23:25:46 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, den 08.02.2013, 16:30 +0100 schrieb Jozef Zigmund:
> Hi,
>
> I'm curious, if it's a possibility to remove entirely GNOME 3 from F18.
>
> I've tried via '# yum groupremove GNOME\ Desktop' but it looked like it
> wants to wipe out whole system, because it ended with:

yum groupremove removes *all* packages inside a group - no matter if the
packages are really GNOME or even required by something else. Better use
'yum remove libgnome*'. Make sure to install any other environment you
want to use before removing GNOME. We have some dependencies that are
satisfied by multiple package and you first want to install the
replacement to not have to uninstall everything you want to continue
using later.

Kind regards,
Christoph