Remove Gnome desktop on F18 ?

Donald Buchan malak at pobox.com
Sat Feb 9 00:26:16 UTC 2013

For what it's worth, under Fedora 17 I did:

yum groupremove "GNOME Desktop Environment"

However, as Christoph said, it removes all sorts of things that you
*might* want elsewhere.  Having gone through a similar process changing
gnome to XFCE on a centos box using really crappy box about a year ago,
one of the things I learned was to have the ssh server active on the
target machine, and a client machine that can ssh in.  Oh, and to do what
Christoph said, which is to install the desired desktop environment before
rebooting, but after removing the Gnome desktop.  Or at least to repeat
the "groupinstall" command for the new desktop environment.