gconf-bridge.h for evolution-tray plug-in

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 06:43:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 15:17 +1100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I came across this review[1] for the "evolution-tray" plug-in[2], which
> seems like a handy package to have in the Fedora repos. I've been trying
> to build it, but it needs  a "gconf-bridge.h" file which isn't in the
> fedora repositories. A little googling tells me this was removed from
> the evolution package (upstream?)[3].
>
> Would anyone know how I can get this header. Is there an upstream for
> gconf-bridge that I can package separately for Fedora?

I guess you could package a snapshot of:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/libgconf-bridge/
though the right way is to copy/paste the 2 files:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/libgconf-bridge/tree/libgconf-bridge
into your sources, and not rely on it being installed as a library.

>  I'm not quite
> sure if the evolution-tray plug-in is up to date enough to function with
> the current Evolution version either. Any ideas?

It's probably not up-to-date. Evolution uses GSettings now, and I doubt
that poking GConf does anything. If/when you port the functionality, use
GBinding:
https://developer.gnome.org/gobject/stable/GBinding.html
to get the equivalent functionality with GSettings.

Cheers