Fedora Logo on the login screen

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 19 23:01:34 UTC 2013

On 03/19/2013 02:38 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> <snip>
> ... which, since many distributors of GNOME need to account for this case,
> seems reasonable enough reason to have that space reserved in both the
> login screen and any boot-time display (e.g. plymouth) already for a logo,
> and for Fedora to put its logo there.
>
> Bill

Yes, indeed.  Any login, whether gdm, kdm, lightdm, or whatever should
have a reserved space for a decent sized logo.  And, if they really want
to be user/distro considerate, allow it to be--get ready for
this--easily customizable even by the end-user.

It just seems to me that this whole thing has been over thought and
debated.  I bet some smart code savvy folks come up with a hack to allow
a decent logo that can be easily seen.

--
Regards,
OldFart