Fedora Logo on the login screen

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 20 16:30:01 UTC 2013

On 03/20/2013 12:07 PM, seth vidal wrote:
> So the question is this:
>
> Is the user installing Fedora or are they installing Gnome?
>
> I think it is Fedora.
>
> I think Fedora ships many desktops and we should get some precedence in
> the login screen that the user sees no matter which desktop they are
> using.

Here's another important & related question: When something goes wrong,
who can help?

If a user encounters an SELinux error, or a kernel oops, or their laptop
stops suspending, or their network card is no longer recognized - is the
GNOME community where they can go to get help? Is the GNOME community
equipped to help them with those things? Should they file those bugs in
GNOME bugzilla?

The OS is not GNOME. The OS is Fedora. Branding the OS as if it was
GNOME isn't going to change the reality of the situation.

~m