Fedora Logo on the login screen

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 17:39:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

> Here's my 2c take on it. GDM isn't the only Display manager. If the
> gnome project doesn't want to do what we want in terms of a logo on
> the
> DM then let's move to lightdm or one of the others and theme it
> however
> we want.

Well hang on now. There's a huge overlap between the fedora desktop people and gnome people.
Like I said earlier, we all where multiple hats.

This clearly isn't a "fedora desktop" versus "gnome" fight here. It's just a technical disagreement between specific individuals.
And that's fine. We don't all have to agree one every detail as long as we agree on the general direction.

And we can resolve technical disagreements through discussion. We don't need to pack up our toys and go home or whatever.

--Ray