Fedora Logo on the login screen

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 23:12:04 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 23:24 +0100, drago01 wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 17:19 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> >> Hi,

Well, sure, but I don't place much faith in this exact formulation of
this common argument. 'Caring' isn't something that just magically
Happens or Doesn't Happen. It's not like anyone was maintaining s-c-*
before because it was a bundle of fun, they were maintaining them
because they were the Fedora system configuration tools. And, bluntly,
RH was paying most of them. But now RH's paid resources and most of the
'we care because they're our most prominent configuration tools'
resources get re-directed into working on the GNOME tools, to the
detriment of the desktop-agnostic tools.

> Configuration tools that are part of and integrated into
> the desktop do offer a better and consistent user experience,

They offer a better and more consistent user experience *for users who
use that desktop and only that desktop*. They offer a less consistent
user experience for users who use multiple desktops, and they offer
nothing at all for users who don't use that desktop.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey