bug triage [was Re: Fedora Logo on the login screen]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 22 23:18:07 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 17:06 -0400, Lynn Dixon wrote:
> Like I mentioned in the previous thread, I am more than happy to help
> out in any way.  I have always wanted to get involved in Fedora, and I
> am currently an Ambassador.  I would like to do more "hands-on" work
> in the distro itself, but I have no programming experience.
> Bug triage seems like a cool thing to do for someone like me.
>

> Would it be possible to start an ember on BugZappers?  What can I do
> to help?

Right now, as a practical consideration, you can still read all the
instructional stuff in the BugZappers wiki space, pick a component, and
put a lot of it into practice. It doesn't really depend on anything
other than Bugzilla being there. So far as getting triaging going as an
organized project again (a sub-project of QA this time), there was a
thread started on the test@ list I think a few weeks back by someone
else who is interested; unfortunately I wasn't able to contribute a
constructive reply yet as I've been busy with F19 stuff :( But that
makes two of you who are interested in trying to drive triage in some
way. The thread I'm thinking of is
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-February/114008.html
- William got in touch with me directly before I encouraged him to post
to the list, and he's definitely interested in getting triage going
again, so I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from someone else who's
interested. Thanks!

There are some other QA tasks you don't need any programming experience
to get involved with (in fact, most of them are like that): see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join . All the tasks listed there
except 'Developing tools' require no programming knowledge at all. I'm
sure other groups would welcome help too - the documentation team
springs to mind as one that could always do with more people.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey