[Design-team] Different Backgrounds for the Lock Screen vs the desktop

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 17:06:51 UTC 2013

On 09/18/2013 03:57 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> On the contrary, I think it's entirely appropriate to ask why, if we already
> have a desktop spin and corresponding SIG(ish) that is based on GNOME and
> contains a large number of upstream GNOME developers why we would have a
> second spin with 95% overlap, what it's trying to solve, and what the
> differences would be.

If you dont see the benefit in having this already then it's no point in
explaining it because you would not understand or have already made up
your mind how you see this.

>   Is it expected that they would merge efforts?

That highly depends how you look at this and how we ( as an project )
decide to proceed forward for the next 5 - 10 years.

>   Diverge
> further?

That's depended on FESCO as has been proven as well as how we proceed
further as a project.

>   Are those working in upstream expected to be involved in both? (Or
> did they even want both?)

They can if they want to as is with anything, nobody is forcing anything
upon anybody here nor am I asking or expecting anyone to do any
additional work here.

I suggest next time you guys go witch hunting you actually bother to
read the SIG description which should have answer at least some question
that was being asked here and I suggest as I have suggested before that
you take this discussion to the relevant mailing list if you want to
discuss this further.

JBG