Bugs and RFE's for Fedora Workstation

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 16:58:00 UTC 2014

With the creation of the 3 Fedora flavours, the process of tracking bugs
and RFE's for Fedora workstation is a lot more muddled than it already
is. Should this be something that we should focus on as a meta-task for
the F22 release?

Bugzilla currently tracks issues on a per-package (component in the
Bugzilla terminology ) basis, so some packages are used in all 3
flavours, but others are more specific to Workstation (e.g.
gnome-shell). And some of these have a lot of bugs in the NEW status
(gnome-shell has over 830).

I'm not sure what the solution is here, but from a user point of view,
the experience for filing a bug, RFE or providing feedback for the
workstation is very confusing. IMHO, we shouldn't expect users to know
what component their bug is against, or if they should file a bug
upstream or not.

So i'm reaching out for thoughts / ideas on how to make this better.

cheers,
ryanlerch