Thoughts about Fedora 21 Desktop

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 10 14:55:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:07 AM, Isaac Cortés González <
w.isaac.cortes at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org
> >
> > wrote:
> >>

> >> I guess we could include the classic Xkcd on the screen. :)
> >

> > Nah, the licensing doesn't permit commercial use :)
>
> is Fedora a commercial product(?)(!) But it posses a
> (very old version) Creative Commons license. :)
>
>         -Isaac C.
> --

It uses CC-BY-NC, the NC stands for no commercial use.
Which is listed here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main?rd=Licensing#Bad_Licenses_3

Also note this whole idea is a joke (and as such it's kind of a waste of
time to discuss it), including a comic strip in the UI is a very bad idea.

--
-Elad Alfassa.