Enable "Solarized" color schemes by default for Workstation

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 14:00:33 UTC 2014

On 07/30/2014 09:27 AM, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the reason we would not change at gedit level is that the classic
> theme from gedit which is the shipped by default follows the theme
> (Adwaita) colors,

Unless Adwaita was built around the colors of the classic theme in
gtksourceview, this is not the case. The "classic.xml" colour theme
predates GTK3 -- the colour pallette has been the same since before
gtksourceview 2.91 was released [1], [2].

> making it more approapiate since it follows better the colors from the
> desktop while solarized or any of the others it doesn't.
The solarized palette is a lot softer, and complements the adwaita theme
much better than the default classic theme. Here are some screenshots
comparing the two styles [3], [4].

cheers,
ryanlerch

[1] -