default filesystem

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 1 01:21:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 08:05:34PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Others have pointed out that the RHEL7 client uses XFS already.  I'm
> of the opinion that ext4 vs. XFS is pretty comparable for most cases,
> so I have no strong objections either way.

I'd really like to have the discussion about whether btrfs is still a
medium-term goal. I agree that XFS and ext4 seem basically the same, and if
btrfs is still where we really want to go, I kind of think we should avoid
the churn of swapping in one similar thing for another. (Since RHEL7 has
already forked, that ship has sailed.) We talked about having btrfs/xfs
filesystem talks at Flock -- is waiting until then too late to decide?