Some suggestions for Marketing notes for FW 21

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 08:45:56 UTC 2014

Richard Hughes píše v Út 09. 09. 2014 v 15:50 +0100:
> On 9 September 2014 14:46, Christian Schaller <cschalle at redhat.com> wrote:
> > The cornerstone of the Fedora Workstation is our Software installer application, or
> > our appstore if you like..
>
> Eeek. Don't call it an "appstore" else the lawyers get all jumpy. I've
> been referring to it all the time as an "application installer" as I
> don't fancy fighting that fight.
>
> Richard

I thought Apple's lawsuit against Amazon over "appstore" trademark had
been dismissed. Moreover we don't use the keyword in the official name
of the product, just just as a description in the marketing materials.
But I understand that lawyers are a special kind and may have objections
to... anything.

Jiri