Some suggestions for Marketing notes for FW 21

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri Sep 12 01:24:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 01:25 +0200, Lars Seipel wrote:
> to be perfectly honest: the text tickled my bullshit detector multiple
> times. While that's a common occurence when being confronted with
> advertisements I don't think it's a good match for Fedora. We need to
> be
> honest with our users.

I agree. Here are the things that caught my eye:

* The bullet point about support for transparent terminals is flatly
untrue.
* The ease of installation section describes an installer that has
virtually no similarity to anaconda.
* The Qt theming section describes a theme that to my understanding was
never written.

Other than that, besides my already-expressed reservations with what I
perceive to be exaggerations in the first paragraph, the announcement
seems good to me.