Do we really need LibreOffice installed by default?

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 12 10:06:34 UTC 2014

Hello all.

If we don't install libreoffice by default we'd save around ~500MB (of
libreoffice itself and it's various java dependencies) from the live
media.
This means less strain on mirrors, and that people will get their
media faster (even if you have a really fast connection - smaller
downloads finish sooner).

Also, since we have an application installer these days, people who
need an office suite can easily install it.

I suggest we remove it from the default install.

--
-Elad Alfassa.