Do we really need LibreOffice installed by default?

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Fri Sep 19 12:22:03 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz at redhat.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that having third party extensions silently failing to
> save a dozen megs might not be worth it. If we're talking about 200megs
> on the other hand...

What extensions do we ship with LibreOffice that requires Java? If
they are third-party and upstream doesn't compel to include them by
default do we really need them.

On Arch Linux, third party extensions rely on whatever Java installed
by the user. There are products like Android Studio that don't support
OpenJDK and in such scenario you end up installing both Java but using
only one. That leads to maintenance overhead.

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger.