Beta / Final release criteria for Workstation

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 30 00:27:00 UTC 2014

Hi, folks. I wanted to ask if you envisage a need for release criteria
for Workstation at Beta (or Final) over and above those that already
exist for 'desktop' stuff. Areas I notice:

SSSD is listed in the tech spec. We have server-side requirements for
FreeIPA in the Server product; do we want to formulate client-side
requirements?

We don't really have criteria relating to a11y or complex input methods;
this isn't Workstation-y in particular, but something that might be
interesting?

Appearance is something we'd want to enforce if it were actually done,
but I get the impression the Qt variant of Adwaita isn't actually
written yet.

Functional requirements for the 'core apps' - we have requirements for
graphical updating (but not package install), web browser, and terminal
in the current criteria, but not for text editor, file manager, Boxes,
or 'developer assistant'.

Do remember that anything we write in the release criteria is something
we expect to enforce: if you don't actually want the release to be
delayed if it's not done, best not to have a criterion for it. More
aspirational 'to-do' or 'it'd be good if...' lists can be handled
somewhere else, I don't know/care where, but not in the criteria :)

Thanks folks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey