Beta / Final release criteria for Workstation

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Tue Sep 30 18:42:10 UTC 2014

> That sounds workable, so long as someone's actually making sure we
> *do*
> comply with those. Has anyone checked that yet? I'd rather not throw
> it
> in the criteria and then have to fudge it immediately :)

I don't think all apps are currently in compliance. There were some
issues with high contrast support, last I checked, but those apps may
all have been dropped already. And the LibreOffice apps' names are too
long.

The thinking behind these requirements is not "the release is blocked
until the app is fixed," but "the release is blocked until the app is
fixed OR the app is dropped" -- there's flexibility to choose the best
approach on a per-app basis. If Weather or Music is still missing a high
contrast icon, we'd probably just drop the app and move on with our
lives. If the issue is with a more important app outside our control
(e.g. if LibreOffice were to regain a dependency on OpenJDK Policy
Editor), then the blocker criterion is good incentive for the problem to
be fixed.