Evolution local mail retrieving failure

Nethaji ucbtnth at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 14:18:02 UTC 2015

Hi Milan,

Thanks for your suggestions. These did not work. Evolution said (after
removing the folders.db) that every folder was empty.

So, I tried to restore from one of my old backup file that evolution
created.

Evolution started the restore process, and finally came up with the
error message (attached to this mail as a png format file) on its restart.

I had to reboot the machine and restarted evolution assuming that it
would have set everything from the backup file, but nothing seem to have
got registered. It came up with the first time evolution startup screen.

I went to into the mail folder under .local/share/evolution/mail/local
and saw all the restored filenames and folders. However in each folder
under the 'cur' directory, there were filenames with 0 bytes in them.
This means evolution did not restore the backup files properly. It
created folders and files with their respective names, but not the
contents of the files.

I am currently using thunderbird, but badly in need of evolution to work
in Fedora22, so that I can get all my saved emails that are important.

Thanks
Nethaji