Fwd: Submission deadline for Changes of Fedora 23

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 16 17:28:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 01:22:24PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > ISTM we have a few contenders that are not yet listed in the proposed
> > changes[1] list:
> > * Integrating distro upgrade
> Sadly, I don't have anybody free to work on this in the short term. We
> can probably pick this up in August, but by then it may be too late for
> F23.

It certainly would be nice for upgrades to be testable by the alpha
release, mid August, but maybe that could be pushed back to a beta
target? Seems kind of risky.

What's the fallback option here? Find someone to keep FedUp working for
one more release?

> One more change that we had planned but didn't get to take effect yet
> is to switch to Wayland by default.

That'd certainly be big in the Linux press. Do you think it'll be
ready?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>