DevAssistant 0.9.1 is out! + New branch

Tomas Radej tradej at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 10:18:29 UTC 2014

Dear DevAssistant developers and aficionados!

We are happy to announce that the version 0.9.1 of DevAssistant has been
released! This release is mostly a bugfix update, even though it
contains one big change - the new logo. This means that DA shipped in
Fedora (and potentially other distros) fits neatly into software
catalogues, app menus and the like.

Big thanks go to all people who participated on this release,
particularly Máirín Duffy, who made the logo for us. You can check out
her work at [1].

Moreover, the release of 0.9.1 has brought about a big change in how
DevAssistant is developed - we have two branches now. The master branch
is, customarily, used for new features and potentially less stable
development (however, as stated in the 0.9.0 release memo, Travis still
has to pass for any code to be included). The new branch, called 0.9.x,
will hold only bug fixes or security patches for the 0.9 codebase, and
is aimed at maximum backwards compatibility. The development of the
.assistant files (hosted at [2]) follows the same pattern, because at
least some changes we want to do in 0.10.0 are not backwards compatible,
and require slight modification of the assistants.

[1] http://blog.linuxgrrl.com
[2] http://github.com/bkabrda/devassistant-assistants-fedora