0.10.0 release, GUI plans and assistant renaming

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 11:21:39 UTC 2014

> - As part of the UX review, Mizmo has come up with proposal for renaming some
> assistant types: modify -> tweak, prepare -> import, task -> extras. The
> first and last I think are great ideas and we should adopt them. The
> "prepare -> import" change I don't like - I've talked to couple random
> people and everyone has agreed that "import" feels like importing into IDE
> that actually has a stateful knowledge about the project. Therefore my
> proposal here is to rename "modify" to "tweak" and also rename "task" to
> "extras". I think that we should leave "create" and "prepare" untouched.

Done, "modify" is now "tweak" (or "twk") and "task" is now "extras" (or "extra") [1]. I'd like to ask everyone to review the commit and see if there's something else in the codebase that I forgot to replace.
Next week we should focus on adapting documentation to accomodate DAPI, removing the default assistant set and fixing some possible leftover bugs. November 10 still seems like a good day to release :)

Slavek

[1] https://github.com/devassistant/devassistant/commit/489ea50a88e0a510939d0700951b3a14ab82805d