Bodhi 0.7.5 release

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Tue Jun 29 22:37:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just pushed a version 0.7.5 of bodhi into production.  This release
contains the following notable changes:

proventesters & strict critical path update handling

Critical path package[0] updates now require positive karma from two
proventesters[1], and a single +1 from one other community member.

You can get a list of critical path updates using the bodhi web interface:

   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/critpath?release=F13untested=True

You can optionally pass in a specific 'release' or an 'untested' flag,
which will return a list of critical path updates that have yet to be
approved.  I have not added these links to the main interface yet,
because at the moment they are fairly expensive calls.  This will be
addressed in an upcoming release.

The latest command-line client also supports these options as well:

     $ bodhi --critpath --untested --release F13

Auto-obsoletion re-enabled
--------------------------

I re-enabled the auto-obsoletion code in bodhi.  This means that new
updates will automatically obsolete older testing updates containing the
same packages.  The new update will also inherit all of the old updates
bugs and notes.  This code had been disabled for a while now, due to
some nasty edge cases, but those have since been resolved.

If you experience any problems, please file tickets here:

     https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/newticket

Thanks,

luke

[0]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Critical_Path_Packages