bodhi v0.7.9 deployed

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Mon Sep 20 18:19:06 UTC 2010

A new version of bodhi has just hit production.  This release contains a number
of bugfixes and enhancements.

    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates

Web UI Changes
==============

- Improved editing functionality
    - Only unpush edited updates when builds are altered
    - Make a note in the comments of which builds were added/removed
- Allow people to revert their karma vote more than once
- Add mouseover tooltips to the update status with more details
- Prevent different versions of a package from being added to the same update
- Handle more types of bugzilla auto-linking in comments (ex: rhbz#1234)
- Link to the newer update in the obsoleted ones
- Link to gitweb instead of viewvc
- Set default (un)stable karma values if re-enabled
- Anonymous karma has never effected karma, so we now mark them as being ignored
  in the interface to make it obvious
- Get the 'suggest reboot' flag working again
- Allow non-critpath updates to be pushed to stable after meeting our critpath
  requirements
- Allow maintainers to request that their update be pushed to stable before the
  automatic approval job runs, if it already meets the time-in-testing
  requirements.

Client Changes
==============

- Add --stablekarma, --unstablekarma, and --disable-autokarma client arguments
- Fix a bug in using `bodhi --push-build=` on multi-build updates
- Add a --bodhi-url command-line option
- Instead of requiring only one argument with a comma separated list of updates,
  support several builds as several arguments.

API Changes
===========

- Remove our API pagination query limit of 1000
- Add a new 'author_group' field to each comment in our JSON API

Backend Changes
===============

- Add the new 'dist-fN-updates{-testing,}-pending' tags to builds so AutoQA can
  start testing them before they get pushed
- List security & critpath testing updates in our updates-testing digest emails
- Download and inject the pkgtags sqlite db into our repodata from the pkgdb
  (which will be utilized by `yum search`)
- Email the proventesters about stale unapproved critical path updates
- Update the bug titles for all security updates before pushing (since security
  bug titles frequently change after the update is submitted to reflect the CVE id)
- Improved sanity checking in the masher when resuming pushes
- Properly capture & log stderr from our mash subprocess
- Improved metrics report generator (soon to be integrated into the web
  interface)

Bugs & RFEs