Fedora Updates Policy

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Tue Sep 28 23:07:43 UTC 2010

At today's FESCo meeting (2010-09-28) we approved an Updates Policy:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy

This policy is based on the Fedora Board's Stable Updates release vision
(see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Stable_release_updates_vision)
and expanded to cover other branches of Fedora. It's a superset of the
existing
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria page.

All package maintainers and other interested parties are urged to read
and follow the Policy.

When in doubt about some portion of the policy, Or when seeking an
exception for an update or an adjustment to the policy, please open a
discussion on the devel list or with FESCo directly (see
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/newtplticket ).

I would like to personally thank all the folks that helped work on or
provide input to this document. I hope we can improve, clarify and
adjust it as we go, leading to a better Fedora for our entire community.

kevin