Fedora 15 schedule to slip an additional week

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 24 20:37:43 UTC 2011

The Fedora 15 development cycle is well under way, and making good
progress.  Yesterday I met[1] with Release Engineering, QA, the Fedora
Program Manager, and we decided that in order to accommodate some
late-breaking changes, we're going to need to slip the Fedora 15
release schedule by a week in order to have adequate time to do proper
testing of the candidate images before the Beta.  This slip will
affect the entire Fedora 15 development cycle, as shown in the chart
below:

   o F15 Devel Start                2010-11-02
   o Feature Submission Deadline    2011-01-25
   o Feature Freeze                 2011-02-08
   o Branch From Rawhide            2011-02-08
   o Software String Freeze         2011-02-15
   o Alpha Change Deadline          2011-02-15
   o Alpha Release                  2011-03-08
-------------------- N O W -----------------------
   o Software Translation Deadline  2011-04-05
   o Beta Change Deadline           2011-04-05
   o Features 100% Complete         2011-04-05
   o Beta Release                   2011-04-19
   o Final Change Deadline          2011-05-09
   o Compose RC                     2011-05-10
   o GA                             2011-05-24

Robyn Bergeron has also kindly updated the complete break-out of the
Fedora release schedule, which is available from
http://rbergero.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-15/.  If you have any
questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader