upgrade to rawhide report

Jim Cornette music-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 26 03:46:10 UTC 2004

Havoc Pennington wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The standard "list of bugs found on upgrade" mail, I'll file these in
>bugzilla in a bit. This was a "yum update" fc2->rawhide, which yum
>handled nicely.
>

>- bringing up an interface creates an empty resolv.conf.
>  Writing a correct resolv.conf results in working network,
>  so the dhcp succeeds, resolv.conf is just hosed.

This bug bit me on the day this message was recieved.The problem seems
to be resolved now.
Unfortunately, I had no clue as to how to even figure out why I had a
working installation until rebooting the system the next day.
Downloading the latest RPMS on a working system, and then installing the
updates onto the downed network system resolved the problem.

Is this function part of the NetworkManager program?

Jim